Salvation is here. I was worried sick over this. I thought I had damaged the motors or something. D:. However then after the last guy's post, I googled downgrading the firmware.
I CAN GUARANTEE to you that this is the new update that is causing the problem. I recommend buying DroneControl for $3 on app store. It has many more features than the normal flight app, including recording, playing animations, flight logs (with nice graphs too!), a altitude meter, custom max altitude settings, a easier to user interface, and did I mention that it can downgrade/upgrade firmware to any version you choose?
You can easily downgrade to the last version. Here's how to do it (the way I just did it). This is indeed the solution to the problem. I downgraded, tested, worked fine, upgraded back to latest, and it had the same problem, downgraded again, and it worked!
1. Get DroneControl.
2. Connect to wifi internet connection (online)
3. Start dronecontrol, choose settings, Upload Firmware.
4. Choose downloader.
5. Pick whatever version you want. I chose 2 versions back to be safe, that one worked great when I was flying outdoors the other day.
6. It will download the firmware to your device so you can use it whenever you want (namely when connected to drone as you don't have a internet connection then).
7. Connect to the drone.
8. Go to dronecontrol again.
9. Go back to the firmware menu. Choose the version you downloaded. Tap install.
10. Go through with the standard firmware update process. Once it's done it will work great!
So happy I figured this out. I was miserable for a while. Broke the drone on 2nd day!!! I thought.
Check out my blog/website for more.