1 (edited by sharpey 03-12-2011 16:07:54)

Topic: Cannot connect to ipad

HI,
I got my drone today but it will just not connect to my ipad, i can find it in the wireless network list but when i try to connect sometimes i get the wifi symbol to say its connected and sometimes i dont? even when it does show the wifi symbol if i run the freeflight app it says "Wifi not available, please connect your iPad to your AR.Drone"
its set for DHCP and the ip address showing on the ipad is 169.254.78.104 the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0

any help will be appreciated

Problem solved it was a video sender causing the problem once it was uplugged the drone connects and works fine.

Re: Cannot connect to ipad

when you say "video sender" - what do you mean?  I'm having the same issue.

Yar what do you mean by video sender

sorry for the late reply guys

its a device you plug into your sky etc and then it transmits it to another tv

I switch between my droidx and iPad. For the iPad I just hook up the drone battery, go to my iPad settings,  then wifi settings, search and connect to the drone, then I go ton free flight app and everything just works. I do the same for the droidx.

6 (edited by Carmicheal 04-26-2011 03:26:15)

sharpey wrote:

HI,
I got my drone today but it will just not connect to my ipad,ipad 2 case i can find it in the wireless network list but when i try to connect sometimes i get the wifi symbol to say its connected and sometimes i dont?leather ipad 2 cases even when it does show the wifi symbol if i run the freeflight app it says iPad2 case"Wifi not available, please connect your iPad to your AR.Drone"
its set for DHCP and the ip address showing on the ipad is 169.254.78.104 the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0

Problem solved it was a video sender causing the problem once it was uplugged the drone connects and works fine.

For the iPad I just hook up the drone battery, go to my iPad settings,  then wifi settings, search and connect to the drone, then I go ton free flight app and everything just works. I do the same for the droidx.

7 (edited by cocochen 04-27-2011 08:29:10)

Carmicheal wrote:
sharpey wrote:

HI,
I got my drone today but it will just not connect to my ipad,ipad 2 case i can find it in the wireless network list but when i try to connect sometimes i get the wifi symbol to say its connected and sometimes i dont?leather ipad 2 cases even when it does show the wifi symbol if i run the freeflight app it says iPad2 case"Wifi not available, please connect your iPad to your AR.Drone"

For the iPad I just hook up the drone battery, go to my iPad settings,  then wifi settings, search and connect to the drone, then I go ton free flight app and everything just works. I do the same for the droidx.

or the iPad I just hook up the drone battery, go to my iPad settings,  then wifi settings, search and connect to the drone, then I go ton free flight app and everything just works. I do the same for the droidx.

8 (edited by Palamino 06-16-2011 01:14:08)

sharpey wrote:

HI,
I got my drone today but it will just not connect to my ipad, i can find it in the wireless network list but when i try to connect sometimes i get the wifi symbol to say its connected and sometimes i dont? even when it does show the wifi symbol if i run the freeflight app it says "Wifi not available, please connect your iPad to your AR.Drone"
its set for DHCP and the ip  address showing on the ipad is 169.254.78.104 the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0

Problem solved it was a video sender causing the
problem once it was uplugged the drone connects and works fine.

go to my iPad settings,  then wifi settings, search and connect to the drone, then I go ton free flight app and everything just works. I do the same for the droidx.