Topic: Streaming video to a computer

Is there any way I can stream the video feed of my AR.Drone to anything else than my iPhone, like a laptop for example, so that I can project it on a big screen for example? Of course it should be in realtime.

2 (edited by RZ500 10-18-2010 18:01:18)

Re: Streaming video to a computer

Jailbrake your IPhone and use TV Out and an Apple TV cable.

Or keep you eye's peeled on the App store very soon.

Not saying much but an App is coming with that feature.

Check out  http://www.ardrone-flyers.com  for more AR Drone info and helpful content.
AR Drone Wiki for more information - http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/wiki/

Why would you want to do this?
Perhaps just buy a mini video camera, stick it onto the drone and record the whole flight.
Then upload to You Tube or any where else you wish.
Providing your drone does not decide to fly away from you as mine has several times.

I want to fly and receive both video feed to my PC.. Is this possible? I build Pilot stations for drone flying and want to fly the AR with a stick? www.hotseatsim.com

I'd also like to be able to tap the video feed.  I can see the drone as a neat way to get ariel shots of events at some conventions I go to.

As of yet though, I have only just gotten an iPad touch and do not have the drone (although that may change if my local Brookstone has it).

DavidMcC wrote:

I'd also like to be able to tap the video feed.  I can see the drone as a neat way to get ariel shots of events at some conventions I go to.

As of yet though, I have only just gotten an iPad touch and do not have the drone (although that may change if my local Brookstone has it).

I am looking for the same posibility to do so.
I want to control the Drone with an iphone or ipad and i would like to recieve the live video footage from the camera on a laptop for live viewing.

To make it even more complicated i would like to use two drones at the same time with two seperate controls by iphone/ipad and want to recieve both video feeds simultaniously.

Anyone?

8 (edited by RZ500 01-06-2011 19:07:40)

Take a look at this link, I use it for a performance show

http://hds.kinnetic.com/100th/show/videos/IMG_01590.wmv

I´m looking for the one that I have the Video in the Back screen.

That would be exactly what i need!
And it will also be for a live-show!

Anyone with more info on that?

I can not find the file, I have it in my Office I think , but all I did was Jailbreak my Iphone and intall TV Out from Cydia and use the Apple TV cable, the one I bught for an IPod Classic (long time ago) and plug it to my switcher, and thats it.

Alright, that's clear!
Only i would like 2 performers controling the drone's with an ipad from upon the stage.
It would not be great that we need cables from those controlers.
The thing is i want to tap out the full video feed without any onther info from the wifi to a dedicated laptop or what so ever...

4AV wrote:

Alright, that's clear!
Only i would like 2 performers controling the drone's with an ipad from upon the stage.
It would not be great that we need cables from those controlers.
The thing is i want to tap out the full video feed without any onther info from the wifi to a dedicated laptop or what so ever...

I Want to do that, but we need to find a remote transmiter from the IPhone, I might be posible with AirPlay and the new apps, I do not have the 4.2.1 to try it yet, to see if I can use it, but with in Cydia, ther is an app called Air Home Video it might work in the future, and another one called Aircrack but no much info on that one.

Still no one has à Solution for this idea?!

what about apples update 4.3 if you have an apple tv and ar drone updates there app to use the airplay inhancments some app will be able to use the airplay feature eg

use your tv to display the video feed.
how cool would that be to fly you ardrone on a big screen tv !!!!

15 (edited by hemi 03-29-2011 07:18:23)

RZ500 wrote:

Jailbrake your IPhone and use TV Out and an Apple TV cable.

agreed !!! rather you should do lil wait and keep your eye on APPLE STORE may be you got somethingmore interesting form it..!!

The App Flightrecorder has had video out capability for a while now and it works live to a tv. It's an awsome app and my favorite for piloting the AR.Drone. It's also iPad compatable...