Topic: Drone control from Windows OS?

Hello everyone. I am thinking of getting one of these for my birthday in a couple of weeks. I don't have an android phone and I don't have an Iphone. I can use an android tablet, but I don't want to. I have been reading about developers making it so windows phone and even laptops can control it. My question is, if I buy one, can I control it with an unoffical windows phone or laptop program? Will an official one be arriving anytime soon?

Re: Drone control from Windows OS?

I'm planning on making my own flight program for windows when the 2.0 SDK is out (hopefully soon). Will be great to control the drone with a joystick and full-sized screen smile

i am also currently making a Windows PC program, but not using the SDK, but teh AT commands.
I am using VB 2010 and will make the full code available as I go thru it.

I have already had someone test it, but it didnt work and between us, we cannot see why.

But they are 10 hours different from I, so it aint eaasy.

Waiting on my Drone !!

laobeylu wrote:

I'm planning on making my own flight program for windows when the 2.0 SDK is out (hopefully soon). Will be great to control the drone with a joystick and full-sized screen smile

You must be joking.

Hi all,

at the moment, we have no plan to develop or adapt AR.freeflight for Windows plateform.

Over time, a lot of unofficial applications have been developed for most OS but we cannot garanty it is safe to use those with your drone.

Simon wrote:
laobeylu wrote:

You must be joking.

tried dronestation on a mac with a joystick. fantastic flight. it is rock solid with minimal lag. can perform maneuvers in a tiny volume of space that i couldn't even dream of with the iphone. absolutely perfect.

Who has a working software to download  (AR drone 2.0)

Try this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84869044/AR%20 … 0Suite.zip

Instructions included.

No video or NavData yet, but you do get finite control