Topic: Cannot connect my new Drone 2.0 at all.

Hi Guys,

I've had absolutely no luck in connecting to the Drone 2 that I picked up today.
I have tried an iPad2 & an iPhone4, even a laptop - no luck.

On the iPhone/iPad it appears in the Wifi network list, I select it & it says:
Unable to to join the network "ardrone2_003885".

I've tried rebooting everything & have used the "reset" button on the drone.
It reboots, does the motor test, lights go green & still cannot connect.

The PC finds it as well, tries to connect & then reports an error connecting to the network.

Some documentation on the web talks about an unpairing button, but I cannot see one on
the 2.0 version

Any ideas?

Re: Cannot connect my new Drone 2.0 at all.

Being that you tested with more than one device and reset the drone it doesn't look good. This is not a normal occurrence, you should be able to connect just fine with any of those devices. Are there a lot of wifi signals in the area? Another thing to try is in an area that's free from a lot of wifi signals. However this is more commonly seen causing issues with the drone disconnecting often, not so much with not being able to connect at all from what I've seen.

Trying more than one device covers a situation where the network settings on one device might be messed up and a reset of the network settings on the device would fix it.

Pressing reset on the drone would fix some issues including a possibility of the "Pairing" option being turned on and paired to some other device so you couldn't connect.

You have already tried all of this and still can't connect so it's safe to say that it's probably a bad mainboard etc. Have you tried contacting Parrot about this?

FYI ... you won't be able to see the pairing/unpairing option unless you can connect and go into piloting mode... that shouldn't be a problem with a new drone that's not connected to anything anyway... sounds like you got a defect bro... i know that sucks

1.4mile (2.25kilometer) World Record AR.Drone 2.0 long range flight
December 16th 2012.................YouTube Link here

matrix961 wrote:

Being that you tested with more than one device and reset the drone it doesn't look good. This is not a normal occurrence, you should be able to connect just fine with any of those devices. Are there a lot of wifi signals in the area? Another thing to try is in an area that's free from a lot of wifi signals. However this is more commonly seen causing issues with the drone disconnecting often, not so much with not being able to connect at all from what I've seen.

Trying more than one device covers a situation where the network settings on one device might be messed up and a reset of the network settings on the device would fix it.

Pressing reset on the drone would fix some issues including a possibility of the "Pairing" option being turned on and paired to some other device so you couldn't connect.

You have already tried all of this and still can't connect so it's safe to say that it's probably a bad mainboard etc. Have you tried contacting Parrot about this?

Hi matrix,

No other wifi signals in the area - I disconnected my Wireless A.P. to make certain.

I'll have to contact Parrot in the morning to see what they want me to do next.

What a pain! It's a long weekend over here as was looking forward to some flight time.

b00mb00mchuck wrote:

FYI ... you won't be able to see the pairing/unpairing option unless you can connect and go into piloting mode... that shouldn't be a problem with a new drone that's not connected to anything anyway... sounds like you got a defect bro... i know that sucks

Or in the unlikely but possible situation someone at a store opened it, played with it, turned paring on, and didn't turn it back off before boxing it back up to sell it. I has happened before so anything is possible.

matrix961 wrote:
b00mb00mchuck wrote:

Or in the unlikely but possible situation someone at a store opened it, played with it, turned paring on, and didn't turn it back off before boxing it back up to sell it. I has happened before so anything is possible.

It did have the circular clear stickers on the tabs preventing opening... but you are right - you never really know.

Went to the supplier today & they replaced it on the spot.

All working as expected & enjoying the product.

Thanks for all the comments.

Good story... i love a happy ending... now lets see some video from down under!!

Hi Guys,

Just an update, I had the same problem again in the room where I tested the first one I had.

As I had been flying the Drone at another location the previous day, it made me look a little deeper at this room.
I did manage locate the cause of the problem, it was a little wireless (not WiFi) camera connected to my home security system.
It ran on the 2.4Ghz spectrum & was flooding the entire area.

Mystery solved.

Cheers from Aus.

Holy crap... so you had a perfectly good drone... and you went and exchanged it for another perfectly good drone... magical cool

haha no way... suprising. glad to hear you found the cause. good of the shop to replace also. its a great thing when you finally do get to the air though ay? big_smile

All the best,
Paul
Firmware: 2.2.6 | Macgyver Spektrum DX6i, Linux 12.04.1, PS3 Pad, Samsung Tab2 | Drone: 2.0