Re: ***HOW TO UPDATE YOUR AR.DRONE***

Hi ddrueding,

Could you explain me exactly the process you followed ? And the versions you have.

Regards

AR.Drone Team

I am having a problem similar to one that has been posted here but not not addressed. When I connect to ftp://192.168.1.1:5551 in Windows Explorer. It tells me that the proxy server is not set up to allow full access. And that to paste files, i must use a different proxy. Can anyone provide some insight on how to solve this problem

gatmeh wrote:

I am having a problem similar to one that has been posted here but not not addressed. When I connect to ftp://192.168.1.1:5551 in Windows Explorer. It tells me that the proxy server is not set up to allow full access. And that to paste files, i must use a different proxy. Can anyone provide some insight on how to solve this problem

I am getting the same thing after an attempted FW update via the PC. In the 1st attempt it connected to drone with exp ok and uploaded file but did not update the FW after I turned drone off then on...

where is parrot tech support? are they on these forums?
forum does not seem very active with answers to problems..

Parrot_AR.Drone wrote:

Hi ddrueding,
Could you explain me exactly the process you followed ? And the versions you have.
Regards

here is my problem:
droneV1 has 1.10.12 and I downloaded 1.11.5 and tried to update via PC. I got the FW file over to the drone with much trouble(the FTP win exp window seems to take forever to come up)
cycled drone battery off/on and waited until green lights came on...FW was NOT updated...why not?

Now the FTP win exp refuses to connect to drone because it says that drone is not providing full access to win exp.

thanks..

Hi,
I'm trying to update the firmware of my Ar Drone 1.0 but every link bring me to the Ar Drone 2.0 website. Where can I download the firmware and where can I found a tutorial on how to update the drone?

Thanks

Alex

you are right, all links to ardrone.parrot.com takes you to ardrone2.parrot.com

install app "AR drone firmware manager" and use that to update but do not be surprised if it does not work..
I have given up trying to update for fear of having a dead drone..

Thanks that is very helpful!

This is completely ridiculous... all old links are broken- absolutely zero working/relevant information for us 1.0 owners - I have lost what respect I had for this company. Terrible customer service. Sad.  sad

birdoprey5 wrote:

This is completely ridiculous... all old links are broken- absolutely zero working/relevant information for us 1.0 owners - I have lost what respect I had for this company. Terrible customer service. Sad.  sad

I completely agree. Parrot scrubbed their website of all links and data for the original AR.Drone model. Someone's not thinking clearly.

However, some Googling yielded a site that has all the V1.x firmware and instructions on how to update a 1.0 AR.Drone
http://drone-apps.com/support/ar-drone-firmware/

I was able to get the drone to work with my Nexus 5 Android phone after updating to the latest v1.7.6 Firmware.

(Why do I have to complete a Captcha when I am logged into the forum!?)

35 (edited by kg23 03-27-2014 16:33:25)

I also found this page buried on parrot.com that seems to indicate how to upgrade an ar.drone V1.0 using a Mac or PC. I haven't tried it.

http://ardrone2.parrot.com/update-ardrone-1/