Topic: Motor not spinning

Hi guys,
I recently crashed my drone. Now, one of the motors doesn't spin. I replaced the motor with a spare from another AR drone, but it still doesn't spin. When I turn it on all LEDs show green. When I hit take off, the three other motors start to spin, then it emergency cuts out. Any idea what to look at/replace?

Re: Motor not spinning

Spin the prop by hand an check if it spins freely.
Also check the gear and shaft for damage.

DJI Phantom | DJI F330 | NAZA M V1 | NAZA M Lite

I've replaced the motor, gear, shaft and prop with 2 others from a spare drone. No luck. I don't see any visible damage to the central cross, at least from the outside. I don't have the toolkit to open it up. Is the next logical step to replace the mobo?

Do a reset first via the pinhole. If it doesn't resolve the issue, swap one of the good motors into the bad motor's arm. If it also doesn't spin, then the motors are fine.
Personally I'd open it up to check for continuity - from end of arm to the center of the cross.
If continuity is good, then check that the connection to the main board is good and tight.
If all instances fail, then it's probably the main board.

DJI Phantom | DJI F330 | NAZA M V1 | NAZA M Lite

Did you replace the motor controller board when you replaced motor? Or did you literally just replace the motor?

- Nick Chestnut

Have a great day everyone!

if a reset doesnt work you will need a new motor and pcb. Unless you have done an update lately? it may not have completed the update correctly

www.droneshop.co.uk
Official Parrot AR. Drone Reseller for all genuine spares and upgrades.

www.ardroneownersclub.co.uk