Topic: Unstable air-flights

hello,

I have problems with the Drone air-flights.

I made only two good air-flights of about 10 minutes.

But now the air-flights in the last Drone is unstable. It flies not more than 3 meters and is always turning to the left and with variations in height.

The command to turn right no longer responds.

The problems occur with air-flights and indor outdors

Things I have done / made sure of ..
1) Making sure the drone battery and iPad battery is fully charged.
2) Making sure to hit the button stabilize (the thing with the scales)
3) turning the rate of climb / tilt / etc all the way down
4) non absolute mode and absolute mode. along with combinations of Joypad / joypad in mode.
5) making sure drone frmware is updated.
6) forgetting all other wifi networks.
7) reset the system.
8) uninstall the Freeflight

Ar.Freeflight Android: v.2.0.13
Hardware AR.Drone: 2.1
AR.Drone Software: v.2.2.9
Inertial Hardware: 2.3
Inertial Software: v.5.34

Motors (1,2,3,4):
Tipe: 1.1
Hardware: 6.0
Software: 1.43

AR.Drone S / N PS721000AF2.H110151

Thanks,
Paulo

Re: Unstable air-flights

Hi
just to let you know your not the only one having that problem but I also have had my AR Drone just take off strait up and nothing I did would work, other that press the emergency button and have it fall out of the sky. Lucky nothing broke.
It would be nice to have some kind of support from Parrot for this but finding any useful on the web site is difficult.
If any one has a fix out there please let me know too.

ARDrone 2 (1 month old)
Software up to date.
I have also had trouble with the FreeFlight App just Quitting. So I tried another paid for App but it did the same thing. So it's something in the programming I'm sure.
Sorry,  no help Paulo, I'm in the same boat.

Thanks Prairieflyer.

Need some more info.

iOS or Android control?

Has it done this again? or only once and haven't flown since. Try again and see if it does it again after a reboot. Also try a different area in case the one you are in has too much interference.

Had any crashes lately beforehand?

Does the bottom camera work? Can you switch to that camera and see video?

4 (edited by Prairieflyer 01-21-2013 15:26:13)

Prairieflyer wrote:
Prairieflyer wrote:

Hi
just to let you know your not the only one having that problem but I also have had my AR Drone just take off strait up and nothing I did would work, other that press the emergency button and have it fall out of the sky. Lucky nothing broke.
It would be nice to have some kind of support from Parrot for this but finding any useful on the web site is difficult.
If any one has a fix out there please let me know too.

ARDrone 2 (1 month old)
Software up to date.
I have also had trouble with the FreeFlight App just Quitting. So I tried another paid for App but it did the same thing. So it's something in the programming I'm sure.
Sorry,  no help Paulo, I'm in the same boat.

Thanks Prairieflyer.

Hi
I was using my Apple iPad2 OS6 and it did it 3 of the last 4 flights.
I did have the USB plugged in and turned on also the camera showed it was taping, but there was nothing on it or on my iPad sorry. I can tell you it did a little jerky side to side and all the controls froze and it went strait up and i used the emerg. So someone told me that its some kind of bug. So can I get rid of this bug.
I saw on the AR drone forum there was a guy promoting that bug to hackers.

And no it didn't crash it was in the house and just glued itself to the ceiling until the emerg button and I caught it.

Ok I reset the drone deleted and reinstalled the App. Tried a flight in regular mode then tried Absolute mode and the tilt controls were backwards. if you tilt the iPad away from yourself the drone comes at you, if you tilt pad right drone goes left. I'm ready to give up. I have done the reset twice now and still same thing. And I have contacted support with no luck, is there anyone with any ideas?

------------------------
App: Drone Control 2.1
iPhone OS 6.0.1

Problem I have here is i put a charged battery in an took off to hover and 5 sec later the battery drops to zero and it lands
I put the battery on my voltage checker and it waas fine anybody else have this problem

guindont wrote:

Problem I have here is i put a charged battery in an took off to hover and 5 sec later the battery drops to zero and it lands
I put the battery on my voltage checker and it waas fine anybody else have this problem

Hi have you checked the battery connections? That sounds like wiring problems.

Still unstable flights even after switching to iPhone for control. Jerky movements and the drone wanders around with no input from the controls.
Support told me Absolute control will not work with iPads that do not have 3G, but my Drone 2 worked great with the iPad right out of the box, before the firmware update, (with no 3G).
There are a lot of people out there with problems you guys at Parrot better get things fixed soon or your company name is going to be affiliated with crap. And if you announce that your bringing in new stuff, at least have a approximate date when it's available.
Hay Guindont you should check out some of the other form topics there are a lot of people with that same battery problem.

Trying straightening your props.  I had similar symptoms and after giving my drone a service (mainly straightening my props) made it fly like it should!

Yes I have checked the props and I balanced them to. Don't think it has anything to do with the mechanical part of it. It did fly very well until the update.

10 (edited by Prairieflyer 01-28-2013 22:42:47)

Just had the drone take off strait up AGAIN !!!
This time using the iPhone. Just after using the up control the drone again would not respond to the down input and just kept going up. If I was outside it would have been gone. But I will not be flying it outside until you bunch at Parrot get your firmware crap fixed. FIX IT PLEASE.
Oh and I'm not resetting it because the last time all the controls got reversed and I had to switch from the iPad to the iPhone to get it to work.  I don't have any other devises that I can switch to now.

Prairieflyer wrote:

Still unstable flights even after switching to iPhone for control. Jerky movements and the drone wanders around with no input from the controls.
Support told me Absolute control will not work with iPads that do not have 3G, but my Drone 2 worked great with the iPad right out of the box, before the firmware update, (with no 3G).
There are a lot of people out there with problems you guys at Parrot better get things fixed soon or your company name is going to be affiliated with crap. And if you announce that your bringing in new stuff, at least have a approximate date when it's available.
Hay Guindont you should check out some of the other form topics there are a lot of people with that same battery problem.

Parrot is correct on this one and no amount of Parrot bashing is going to change it.

Your iPad without a proper accelerometer etc as used in the 3G model will not allow you to use absolute mode properly. I'm sure you think it worked properly but trust me it didn't.

Have you flown this with joystick mode and no absolute mode?

Try flying in joystick mode and see if it responds.

I'm using an IPAD2 without 3G and I have had no problems with piloting in absolute mode.  Of course there is the odd glitch here and there especially inside buildings and near big metal objects etc....  but for the most part it flies fine outdoors.

PARROT bashing has been warranted in many cases throughout this forum and I believe it is here as well.

If not then  PARROT please post to clear the air   cool

Yes I tried the joystick mode and yes it did work for awhile but the flyaway bug got it so I reset and now I'm using an iPhone with 3G. Worked ok for the first few flights but just now it again took off straight up with no control to stop it or bring it down until i grabbed it.  Thanks to a few of the forum users I think the problem is the wifi interference around. I have contacted support a few times but with only that one reply. That is what I was bashing. Anyway thanks.

Thanks Peasaro.

15 (edited by Prairieflyer 01-29-2013 18:44:55)

Just for anyone thats having same problem with firmware update there is another forum under "ARDrone updates" and go to "downgrading firmware" and there is instructions on how to do it. Lots of bashing going on there.
To be fair there is only 4 guys at Parrot support for all of North America so their pretty over worked I think.

OK I just tried to fly the drone with no other wifi showing on the phone. It flew till about 30% of the battery then I tried some manuvers and as soon as I used the up control it again kept going up. So it's not the wifi that is the problem. Now I'll try downgrading the firmware if Parrot will allow that or will it void the warranty. I'm still waiting for a reply from there support for that and everything else. Do they even look at their emails anymore there is probably so many.

Has anyone got any kind of response from Parrot support? I have tried to contact them many times by email and twice by phone but I get the run-around and no email replies. Well Im trying the downgrade, can't hurt. Don't know if it will void warranty or not, no reply about that either.
Support PLEASE! Flyaway bug.
Thanks hope this becomes sticky.
There are lots of people on this forum with the same problem just the titles are different.

DaZa wrote:
Prairieflyer wrote:

Parrot is correct on this one and no amount of Parrot bashing is going to change it.

Your iPad without a proper accelerometer etc as used in the 3G model will not allow you to use absolute mode properly. I'm sure you think it worked properly but trust me it didn't.

Have you flown this with joystick mode and no absolute mode?

Try flying in joystick mode and see if it responds.

I realize that the 3G model may have worked better ... but absolute control on my wifi-only iPad3 DID work fine before the update (I found it quite impressive), and now absolute control is totally unusable after the update (same hardware, the only thing that changed was the software). I don't know how it can be much more clear-cut. Functionality was broken by a software update (though perhaps it was only broken for Wifi-only iPads).