1 (edited by ajn1963 09-22-2013 16:23:49)

Topic: At least give us the 2.4.x firmware

I have the flight recorder sitting collecting dust and no way to use.  I do not own any Apple products nor planning to anytime soon.  I have an android phone and tablet that work perfect with 2.3.3 and enjoy flying.   I been impatiently awaiting the release for Android to start using my flight recorder.  I don't see this happening anytime soon. I hope I am wrong.  Winter is coming here with limiting flying days ahead. Leaves and foliage will be changing soon with the season and too great to miss getting that on video on that perfect autumn day.

I been trying to locate someone with an Iphone or Ipad I know well enough and willing to let me get the firmware update so I can use my flight recorder with a third party such as QGC. 

I understand Apple has single proprietary platforms and easily to develop software for, and that there are a plethora of Android devices with different versions, processors and components, and can wait for a proper working app release.   But at least give us access to the firmware update so we can use our flight recorders until the Android Freeflight is released that support our flight recorders.

Re: At least give us the 2.4.x firmware

Hey I got a Nvidia Shield and just got the AR Drone Flght Recorder.  If you have $5.55 purchase this app and it works 100%

http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html

I update my firmware last night to I believe it was 2.4.0.7. 

If you go step by step you can use this app for autonomous flight and it works great.  I'm sure Parrot AR will come out with theirs but I didn't want to wait.

so yes this application works for android users, and I found it by luck.

Hope this helps.

Cheers;

Martin

ajn1963 wrote:

I have the flight recorder sitting collecting dust and no way to use.  I do not own any Apple products nor planning to anytime soon.  I have an android phone and tablet that work perfect with 2.3.3 and enjoy flying.   I been impatiently awaiting the release for Android to start using my flight recorder.  I don't see this happening anytime soon. I hope I am wrong.  Winter is coming here with limiting flying days ahead. Leaves and foliage will be changing soon with the season and too great to miss getting that on video on that perfect autumn day.

I been trying to locate someone with an Iphone or Ipad I know well enough and willing to let me get the firmware update so I can use my flight recorder with a third party such as QGC. 

I understand Apple has single proprietary platforms and easily to develop software for, and that there are a plethora of Android devices with different versions, processors and components, and can wait for a proper working app release.   But at least give us access to the firmware update so we can use our flight recorders until the Android Freeflight is released that support our flight recorders.

Where did you get the firmware from?  I have only 2.3.3

kpax wrote:

Hey I got a Nvidia Shield and just got the AR Drone Flght Recorder.  If you have $5.55 purchase this app and it works 100%

I update my firmware last night to I believe it was 2.4.0.7. 

If you go step by step you can use this app for autonomous flight and it works great.  I'm sure Parrot AR will come out with theirs but I didn't want to wait.

so yes this application works for android users, and I found it by luck.

Hope this helps.

Cheers;

Martin

ajn1963 wrote:

Again!

please read the link below and watch the 3 videos:

After watching the video, I purchased the app Pro version from google play

I downloaded the latest firmware from my nvidia shield after I purchased the app!  It took 5 minutes for the update. I started my Parrat ar 2 and it still work with the nvidia shield.  I plugged the flight recorder in and tested and it worked.

Again the link has 3 video which are about 10-14 minutes each.!!!  WATCH THEM!!!  Please watch and you will see a section where he updates his drone using an android device to the latest version!

It works!!

-Martin

Flight pro by meavy uk is the way to go for now.  Got it, my flight recorder is useable on Android now.  Thanks.