1 (edited by Edwin78 2012-04-24 12:23:12 pm)

Topic: Lots of Problems with MKI9200

What a product this is, it is very bad.

I've got the unit since 06 march 2012, latest software is running on the device.
But it nevers does what it supposed to do.

Remote is not responding or does things it wasn't supposed to do. (changed the battery to be sure that wasn't the problem)
Press once on the dial and it changes the brightness of the screen.
Sometimes when setting the brightness back to "sun" then the sun never disappears from the screen.

Playing from USB (tried many different ones) the screen locks up and none of the controls respond anymore.
Press the button to go to the next sing, and it goes to fast forward and then locks up solution is to pull the display.

Overall the product preform very poorly, and should be taken of the market.
Also contacting Parrot in the Netherlands isn't possible nor is there any information on where to go to.

Parrot please take this product of the market, it's not a product you should be proud off

Re: Lots of Problems with MKI9200

Hi,

It is with regret to hear of your observations with the Parrot MKi9200.

If you have not done so already, I recommend to contact technical directly. If you are from outside of the UK/Ireland, please contact the technical support for your country, if you are unsure, E mail the team from the online form at: http://www.parrot.com/uk/support
/technicalcontacts/technical_contact_form

Kind Regards

However, this topic will remain open in order to allow members of the forum to also assist you.

Parrot Advisor UK 3
Parrot UK & Ireland
E mail: http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/hotline/

Edwin78 wrote:

What a product this is, it is very bad.

I've got the unit since 06 march 2012, latest software is running on the device.
But it nevers does what it supposed to do.

Remote is not responding or does things it wasn't supposed to do. (changed the battery to be sure that wasn't the problem)
Press once on the dial and it changes the brightness of the screen.
Sometimes when setting the brightness back to "sun" then the sun never disappears from the screen.

Playing from USB (tried many different ones) the screen locks up and none of the controls respond anymore.
Press the button to go to the next sing, and it goes to fast forward and then locks up solution is to pull the display.

Overall the product preform very poorly, and should be taken of the market.
Also contacting Parrot in the Netherlands isn't possible nor is there any information on where to go to.

Parrot please take this product of the market, it's not a product you should be proud off

Hello,

I have two MKI9200s installed in my cars and can certainly confirm that they are not fundamentally a bad product. In your specific case, the symptoms you state (remote not responding, track skipping), I have experienced when the remote battery is low and it is struggling to communicate with the blue box.

Regarding the USB lock up, have you tried swapping to a different brand of USB stick? I've certainly noticed that some work better than others.

It may be that you have a faulty remote or box, or you may simply have a bad install that puts the box too far from the remote. In either case, call tech support and see what they recommend.

Personally, I'd rather Parrot didn't take it off the market thank you very much smile

Daern

Well, I bought my MKi9200 December 2, and it is only December 23 and I already have my refund processed by Amazon. I have to agree with the member who said the product should be taken off the market.  Between my remote control and the blue box was about 12 inches of air and an all plastic car trim. Brand new battery. Same problem: remote responding inconsistently or not at all. Same behavior after updating to the latest 2.1.1 firmware. The only thing good about the MKi9200 is that it has helped me become very good at removing the trim to access the stock radio.  One thing that is frustrating is that Parrot knows how to do handsfree, that's for sure. They just can't integrate it with anything else and should give up trying.

I can only agree that it feels very unreliable and buggy

I have  had various problems with my iPhone 5 using mki9000
1. It will not allways connect to the parrot - have to do this manually
2. Sometimes the remote is not responding at all, sometimes i can only use the volume, sometimes i can use the volume and pause but not skip songs.
3. When streaming audio via bluetooth the first 10 seconds is stuttering
4. Often when i play music from youtube the phone gets disconnected (bluetooth)

Berdel,

Please be aware the iPhone5 is not confirmed compatible for Bluetooth music streaming (A2DP) and Bluetooth remote control for music (AVRCP) as this feature from the iPhone 5 is very unreliable. We are looking into this along with Apple. Hand free and music via the dedicated Apple 'Lightning Adapter' are confirmed compatible.

Hi,

Please read this topic, especially the last two replies on the third page, it solves the problem 100%!
At least, mine did...

http://forum.parrot.com/english/viewtop … 84&p=3

It works for the 9100 and 9200 series remotes.

Well my friends, sorry to disappoint everybody here, I tried "everything"(also I opened the remote control to check the contacts with the battery)  I've replaced 3 blue boxes and 2 remotes because of this problem and guess what DOESN'T WORK!!!! agree with the previous post. This product is the worst investment in my life.

Hi Loro,

I am not sure of your exact observations/problem but if you have replaced 3 blue boxes and 2 remotes and you still have a problem, one would presume your problem is elsewhere, i.e. installation, phone being used, user error.

If you can contact us directly with more details we will gladly assist you.

I have exactly the same problems. Can anyone direct me to where I can DL v2.02 firmware?

Have sent tech sport an email but no response.

11 (edited by bledd85 2013-10-04 10:25:10 am)

Agree with everyone else's assessment. Awful product. Remote is non responsive and when it does respond changes screen brightness when trying to select an album. Whole system will just freeze up and reboot on occasions. Tried updating software, changing battery, tried two different iPods, my iphone 4 and my girlfriends iPhone 4S and same problems. Agree this needs taking off the market it's a lot of money for something not fit for purpose.

Me thinks the problem is cheapskates that buy the product on-line (probably grey, or even counterfeit),  DIY fit, not really knowing what they are doing & don't understand the product! THEN use this forum to whinge!

IMHO Parrot products are not suitable for DIY, a bit like brain surgery!

Use a Parrot Certified Installer (NOT Hellfrauds!), pay the price, & get the support - then this forum is not/less needed!

I would hate to think one of my customers had been on here without seeing me first!

MKi is NOT an awful product! Have one myself, fitted loads! And happy to fit loads more!!

If you are having so many issues, return to your supplier for a refund! Problem solved!!

In UK, the supplier is legally responsible, NOT Parrot!

TimW wrote:

Me thinks the problem is cheapskates that buy the product on-line (probably grey, or even counterfeit),  DIY fit, not really knowing what they are doing & don't understand the product! THEN use this forum to whinge!

IMHO Parrot products are not suitable for DIY, a bit like brain surgery!

Use a Parrot Certified Installer (NOT Hellfrauds!), pay the price, & get the support - then this forum is not/less needed!

I would hate to think one of my customers had been on here without seeing me first!

MKi is NOT an awful product! Have one myself, fitted loads! And happy to fit loads more!!

If you are having so many issues, return to your supplier for a refund! Problem solved!!

In UK, the supplier is legally responsible, NOT Parrot!

Had it fitted by motorpoint when I bought the car. Took it back had it working great for a fortnight tops then same problems. Hardly a cheapskate cost me £200+. Like I said a lot of money for something so unreliable. Great that it works for you although it seems a little ominous that there are so many similar complaints. From personal experience- and I'm confident many others share the same opinion- it's a very very poor and frustrating piece of kit.

Can only agree this is a really bad product  - changing the battery in the remote help for a very short time - I'm located in Scandinavia where it typically is cold in the winter - was pretty happy the first week with my MKI9200 so did unfortunatly invest in one more for my other car ;-(
So now having 2 Parrot MKI9200 that are very very unstable from remote - very lucky when working!

Do think this will be my last Parrot equipment unfortunatly!

Lars

Hi Lars,

I recommend to contact your technical support for assistance with this to resolve your problem.

If you have not done so already, I recommend to contact technical directly. If you are from outside of the UK/Ireland, please contact the technical support for your country, if you are unsure, E mail the team from the online form at: http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/hotline/

Kind Regards

However, this topic will remain open in order to allow members of the forum to also assist you.

Parrot Advisor UK 3
Parrot UK & Ireland
E mail: http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/hotline/