Topic: ***New Software Version for the Parrot Minikit + V1.25***

Hi,

We are pleased to announce a new new software version (v1.25) is now available for the Minikit + from the Parrot website. Please find the release notes below:
http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/parrot-minikit-plus

[Dual Mode] Fix a reconnection problem in dual mode.

Thank you

Parrot Advisor UK 3
Parrot UK & Ireland
E mail: http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/hotline/

Re: ***New Software Version for the Parrot Minikit + V1.25***

pay attention, after install the new Version 1.25 my device is damaged.
The LED' are blinking and reset doesn't work.

Yesterday, I contact the german support.

best regards
Robert

I have exact same problem as paradox. After writing file to device from PC, the unit said update in progress please wait then lights flash and nothing else happens for hours. Reset doesnt work. Device seems bricked. Contacted support waiting for reply...

I refer to the previous posts about this problem after updating to version 1,25 as recommended.

The two leds are blinking , nothing does work, reset or any thing else!!

Is this issue solved somehow?

greetings
fiesta
holland

Tried to update Minikit+ to V1.25 due to disconnection problems - Stuck in update mode. No response from unit - When u do a reset the unit goes dead and when u reset it again it goes into update mode again.

No response from online support.

6 (edited by xilav 2013-06-29 10:45:55 pm)

Same to me. Updated to 1.25 as I had pairing issues with an iPhone 5, and now my parrot is bricked mad
The only things that it does is just blinking the two leds (green and red).
After several retries I found a way to put the device in boot mode (click jog and the rese buttont, release the jog, then release the reset button, disconnect the USB cable from the pc, click for 5 sec. the red button (call end) and then reconnect the USB cable), but now I'm stuck as I didn't found the driver for this device....
I'll wait until Monday and I will try to push support to have a flash utility, as imho is due to a buggy update sad
I'll let you informed on this.

Antonio
Italy.

7 (edited by xilav 2013-07-09 10:27:12 am)

Contacted Tech Support. They stated that if both leds blinking at 1sec period, there is some hardware issue and if the device is out of warranty its repair cost more than a new device.
Shame on me that I tried to update the firmwaere as the device worked well with all the phones that I have (except my new iPhone 5).
So, IF YOU WANT TO UPDATE YOUR MINIKIT+, THINK TWICE!!! If your device if out of warranty and the update goes bad, there is no way to reflash it using different procedures. You have only to throw it in the garbage bin! mad  mad  mad  mad
sad I ended up buying a new minikit neo. I will not try to update a Parrot device anymore! wink
Parrot support sucks!

Hi Xilav,

It is with regret I hear you are observing problems, I note you list the reset procedure you carried out, this is not quite correct, can you try the following:

• Fully charge your Minikit +

• Press the reset followed by the centre dial

• Hold them both for 3 seconds

• Release the reset followed by the centre dial. (centre dial must be last)

Hopefully your unit will come back to life

I've tried to reset the minikit+ following your steps, but the device is still 'stuck' with the two leds blinking.
Never mind, I will rubbish it.
Today is arriving my new Minikit Neo, I have lost enough time trying to fix the minikit+  hmm .
Thanks for your hints.

Antonio

Same problem here! "I've tried to reset the minikit+ following your steps, but the device is still 'stuck' with the two leds blinking". Is there any possibility to repair the device without exchanging it?

Sorry guys different problem. I think I will avoid update but my problem is different.  Minikit worked perfectly but now it want ask the question "who do you want to call" when paired and I press the green button. It used to but has suddenly stopped, any ideas ?

Hi trevor,

Delete both the pairings from your Minikit + and mobile phone.

The follow the procedure above to reset your Minikit +, once reset, re-pair you phone and test.

If the above fails, are you able to try another phone as a test?

Parrot Advisor UK 3
Parrot UK & Ireland

Hi, anyone else experiencing a loud warbling sound that my parrot minikit plus randomly plays, it lasts for apx 5 seconds and can be quite annoying as it occurs several time during even a short journey?

Hi, I too got the same problem with both red and green LED blinking at 1 second interval after trying to update to software version 1.25 DA. Nothing works. Only thing that works is pressing reset and jog, releasing jog then reset. This turns the LEDs off. Pressing jog and reset, releasing reset and then jog makes the LEDs go back to blinking.
Strangely enough I was able to update my first minikit+ to v1.25, but with my other minikit+ it failed.
I'm pretty mad about this since nowhere on the software update page I'm warned about that updating may brick the minikit+.
Please help...

Hi,

Please contact technical direct if your are seeking assistance. However, this topic will remain open in order to allow members of the forum to also assist you.

Parrot Advisor UK 3
Parrot UK & Ireland

16 (edited by iopetja 2014-04-11 8:54:34 am)

Same thing here.
Like Henrik said, usual reccomended reset way (press together, 3sec, release reset than jog), does apsolutely nothing. Both leds are simultaniously blinking, for the whole day.
Tried recharging full, discharging (leaving it blink till it dies), nothing gets to it.

Also tried to reverse the procedure, just like Henrik did. Leds go off, but nothing then, no response. Connecting to pc makes sound, finds something but fails to install drivers (drivers were installed before connecting for update).

I'm angry. Parrot is smart and simply works...not anymore it seems.
Please, tell me there is a solution.

Instructions were litterally followed but It failed. It is your responsibility.
Cmon Parrot, maybe some of us work in marketing and could really spread the word in case we're satisfied...

17 (edited by iopetja 2014-04-11 9:13:53 am)

UPDATE:
I gave up and took it back to Parrots' official distributor regarding:
- unresponsiveness of device since update
- battery drain in "deep sleep mode" 24h (6 months old)

They gave it a thorough look, I got a call to pick it up and while I expected to hear some bull**** stories of battery/device malfunctioning as result of misuse, on my surprise I got a brand new minikit  yikes (My device was simply unrepairable.)

Hats down to Parrot fixing the mistake!
You've earned every recomendation  cool

same problem, red light steady and green blinking. in 1 day it became garbage and nobody helps, thanks parrot.

Hi,

As above please contact your technical support centre for assistance.

Parrot Advisor UK 3
Parrot UK & Ireland

i am having the same problem only just got it yesterday two led lights are flashing constantly what do i need to do to fix this issue

Parrot Advisor UK wrote:

Hi Xilav,

It is with regret I hear you are observing problems, I note you list the reset procedure you carried out, this is not quite correct, can you try the following:

• Fully charge your Minikit +

• Press the reset followed by the centre dial

• Hold them both for 3 seconds

• Release the reset followed by the centre dial. (centre dial must be last)

Hopefully your unit will come back to life