Topic: Unable to pair with phone

I've had my Minikit for about a month and it has been working fine with my Samsung D900.
Suddenly my phone cannot see the Minikit.

I've tried clearing the Minikit memory and re - pairing and I've also tried resetting using the small reset button.
I've checked that my phone can see other devices OK.
When I switch the Minikit on it asks me to pair the device but my phone still cannot see it.

Any suggestions?

Re: Unable to pair with phone

Dear geoffdenis,

Perhaps you could try to turn off bluetooth and then turn it on again on the phone.

Regards,

Adviser 5

I too am having problems with my minikit suddenly not being recognised by a bluetooth phone.  I have tried to pair it with more than a couple of bluetooth phones but none can see the minikit.  I suspect the minikit is not transmitting a bluetooth signal.  Turning the phones bluetooth off and back on again does not make any difference.  Is there a way to reset the minikits bluetoooth transmission or to fix this problem? I have cleared the minikits memory but to no avail.

My parrot has had no problem with previous phones.
I  now have an HTC Desire.
I have updated to 1.27 and have cleared the memory.
When I switch on it asks to pair, so I scan on my phone.
My phone sees it and tries to pair but the device says no.
On the phone I get a message saying there was a problem.
No pairing.
HELP.

I have purchased a Parrot Minikit Slim and I have been attempting to pair it with an HTC Desire. The phone can "see" the minikit slim but when I try to pair it it fails. Tech support were not helpfull they just said the Desire wasn't supported. Is there any hope of a fix or have I just got to accept that I have wasted my money on a device that doesn't work with the latest phones ?

Any help / advice would be appreciated

As with the last 2 posts, I'm having problems pairing this with the HTC Desire, Iv'e just E-Mailed Tech support as there doesn't appear to be much help being given on here for this problem.

All of the ads Iv'e seen for the Minikit slim suggest that it's compatible with the Desire which is why I bought it so I await a response with anticipation!

juddscrud wrote:

As with the last 2 posts, I'm having problems pairing this with the HTC Desire, Iv'e just E-Mailed Tech support as there doesn't appear to be much help being given on here for this problem.

All of the ads Iv'e seen for the Minikit slim suggest that it's compatible with the Desire which is why I bought it so I await a response with anticipation!

Also a Desire owner. Today I bought a Minikit and in 10 mins I took it back to the shop as pairing failed. Now after some search excersize it seems so that it might still work. From XDA forum:

I had the same problem.

- Do a hard reset
- Wait until Parrot restarts
- Do a manual pairing (green button + center button).
- Parrot will ask you to pair, do the pairing, it will success !

Can you try that?

Perhaps you could try to turn off bluetooth and then turn it on again on the phone. Have a try

Works OK for me with HTC Desire.
Under Bluetooth advanced setting - enable ftp server.
Worked for me.

just got parrot slim for my desire.
1. downloaded software updater
2. when inserting cable windows xp didnt autoinstall some of the drivers. just allow windows to auto install and they installed ok
3. After many attempts it would only say that it found the device but wouldnt installed update
4. before i smashed it i luckily found some patience
5. I did hard reset. reset and knob together. then started updater software let it wait for the waiting for device and it found it and installed.
6. I then tried to connect but alas it was not meant to be
7. found more patience and paced the room
8. did another hard reset. set all settings on desire to ftp service,simplified the name of device, made it discoverable.  turned bluetooth on and off and it worked.
9. I am so happy now . cue, hamlet ad music.
sean - eire

Disabling WiFi on Desire allowed me to pair the phone. Works fine after that with WiFi on again.

Hello,

I just got a Parrot Minikit Slim I wanted to connect with an HTC Desire.
It didn't worked...
I just tried 10 times ( Parameters : wifi off, FTP on, visibility on ), the parrot always said the connection failed...until it asked me the parrot PIN... I don't understand why...
But It works smile

Thanks for the feedback Yann