Topic: MiniKit Slim will not Update

In an attempt to get rid of the ever buggy crashes and freezes I am trying to update the software. Downloaded the Parrot software and the update file, followed all the instructions to the absolute letter FOUR times, but each time the software just hangs on "Sending Updater" (the stage before sending the actual updated software)
It got to the "Installing USB Driver" stage no problem, but beyond that....... nothing......

When I say hangs, I mean for over 40 minutes each time, the software is responding and not frozen itself, just the actual update process. I have deleted the Parrot download (update) file twice in case the download was corrupt but no change. (the message on the download says it will take "a few minutes". Worryingly it also tells you that if you disconnect before it tells you to it could "render the unit unable to operate"

Owned it 3 days and had 6 crashes needing hard resets (thats 6 in around 3 hours of real use) and now cant even update the software..

A bugged Debugger?

Anyone else had this or more importantly know a way to force the update please?

Re: MiniKit Slim will not Update

Exactly the same problem, can't update the darn thing, just hangs at "sending updater"

Yup, I still havent got it sorted out. Decent product but dreadful support and updates.

Pretty pathetic really

I have the same problem. Update freezes, without crashing itself. Can not think of anything that will help. Any ideas, besides throwing the parrot out?

Well there doesn't seem to be any answer to the problem.
Another piece of useless kit and a waste on money...

Firstly can you fully charge your Minikit Slim before attempting the update, the light on the side of the unit will go out when charged. I have enclosed a link below to our tutorial for updating the Minikit Slim for your information, the most important point other than making sure the unit is charged is to make sure the Minikit Slim is switched off before plugging it into the PC for the update.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/online … te--uk.swf

If you still have problems we can always talk you through the update over the phone, our number is 08444 722360 option 3.

Parrot adviser 8 wrote:

Firstly can you fully charge your Minikit Slim before attempting the update, the light on the side of the unit will go out when charged. I have enclosed a link below to our tutorial for updating the Minikit Slim for your information, the most important point other than making sure the unit is charged is to make sure the Minikit Slim is switched off before plugging it into the PC for the update.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/online … te--uk.swf

If you still have problems we can always talk you through the update over the phone, our number is 08444 722360 option 3.

Thank's for the headsup and the support.
Regards

I cleared the memory, and rebooted, then the update worked perfectly - took about 20 seconds. Then I re-paired the iphone. All good

This may help too.

I had the same problem ("sending updater") but after several attempts i updated my parrot.
I did it with a laptop so i disconnected all other usb devices (mouse, hard drives, ...) and trying with different usb ports (i used a not high speed port).
It is very important to not connect your parrot to the computer until the program requests it.
Automatically after you connect the device (previously turned off) the progress bar will be completed in a couple of seconds. (it is normal than the device will start charging when you connect).