Topic: Citroen Xsara Picasso battery draining...

Hi,

Installed a MKi9200 at the weekend in the Picasso (2004), radio has iso blocks....went in fine - car kit is working correctly but there seems to be a issue with the unit powering off...

1). After turning off ignition, the car kit seems to be alive for 2 minutes and then i hear a click and then the screen says "GoodBye" and appears to power down...
2) however it does not seem to power down as when i came out this morning the battery light was on and the car had an "Eco Mode" message...
3) When i hit the key fob lock or unlock the car kit also seems to come alive and then stay alive for 2 mins and power down again...didn't think this is normal behavior either???...

I switched the live and ignition during the installation but this didn't seem to help (at the time I thought there was an issue as the unit was staying on before i realized it powered down with the click on 2 mins)...

Is there a need to do any re-wiring or something else i have missed

Re: Citroen Xsara Picasso battery draining...

You will probably find due to the can-bus controlling of the stereo you will need to get a seperate ignition supply possibly from the cigar lighter of the car or another good ignition source otherwise weird and wonderful things happen.

Sometimes Car kits switch on when you open the doors, unlock via remote etc on Citroen / Pugs without switching igintion supply.

Re: Citroen Xsara Picasso battery draining...

HI I have a citroen c5 I had to take a live from the battery and the ignition supply  from the cigar lighter and it powers down