Topic: fitting a 2nd hand ck3100

hi people

glad i found thid forum so hope you guys can help

ive just bought a 2nd hand ck3100 kit which i was told was proffesionally removed from his vehicle,ive got a mechanic friend of mine to fit it for me but for some reason who ever removed it from the last vehicle cut off the iso block connected to the mute box so all i have is short stumps of cable to work with,i downloaded the wiring diagram from the parrot site and we have managed to get the power to the display and linked to my phone

we are basically crimping all the parrot cables to the stereo cables but cant seem to get sound through the speakers,for some reason the wiring diagram list all the cables twice,and there does seem to be 2 of each colour cable coming from the mute box,is there vany way of getting a more detailed wiring diagram off the internet or can anyone throw sonme light on my problem....thanks

Re: fitting a 2nd hand ck3100

P/No muteck3100
http://www.justcarkits.co.uk/acatalog/P … _Kits.html

Will save a lot of time just to replace it

http://www.justcarkits.co.uk
Certified Parrot Installer
Tel No 01753-673500  International 44 1753 673500
My e-mail address

joe.boy wrote:

hi people

we are basically crimping all the parrot cables to the stereo cables but cant seem to get sound through the speakers,for some reason the wiring diagram list all the cables twice,and there does seem to be 2 of each colour cable coming from the mute box,is there vany way of getting a more detailed wiring diagram off the internet or can anyone throw sonme light on my problem....thanks

Did you get the problem sorted?
There are two lots of the same cables as one lot is the output to the speakers and one lot is the input from the radio so if you get them mixed around, that could be the problem

hi all,

i have the same problem as original meesage and not impressed with installation instructions given by parrot, and also the way an advert covers any diagram found over the internet.

That said, i have a second hand CK3100 kit, i have fitted the blue box and connected the 12V power and ground and ignition cable, therefore got power to the unit and have paired the parrot to my phone, with no problems, i have made some dummy calls and the other end can hear me fine, bt of course i have no mute and speakers connected.

My headunit has a brown (mute) cable hanging naked from the back, and my parrot has green and brown cables, and in a small multi core has yellow, blue, white, red and black.

I've read on a few websites that there is more than one mute cable, green brown and yellow? which do i connect to my mute? and my final question is what the other cables do, and where so i connect them for speakers to give sound of calls, any information would be greatly appreciated, even if it is the knowledge of what colour do what on an ISO connector lead, if i knew what colours went to speakers etc i could begin to connect the unit together,

thanks in advance!

Must be a Kenwood stereo - Parrot mute is Yellow male bullet - connect to stereo brown fly-lead.

Still much quicker and a lot less hassle to replace the mute kit as your stereo already has ISO connectors. This can be plugged in with no dramas.

http://www.justcarkits.co.uk
Certified Parrot Installer
Tel No 01753-673500  International 44 1753 673500
My e-mail address

i have no bullet connectors as have been snipped off, i recieved a call and the stereo did not mute when yellow was connected, does it need a signal from another cable colour in conjunction? where and what connectors would i need to buy? i know you give the advise pretty regularly about buying more cables but we arent all at leisure i need this kit in and working, i am an maintenance electrician by trade and some diagrams or colour combinations would be easily understood and i could carry out the work today,

thanks for the fast reply