1 (edited by PeeBee2 2011-01-29 10:15:08 pm)

Topic: BMW radio with fibre optics

Hi my first post.

I have bought a CK3100, Parrot cable to connect to my 2007 BMW E61 and a multicom kit to match.  Went to fit it today and found, when I removed the radio to switch the plug on the back, that the existing plug has two fibre optic cables and also a small multipin plug.  Anyone have any advice on how to proceed?  Can I remove the fibre optic cable and refit them to the adapter cable plug?  If so how do I remove them and refit them - do they pull out and push in?  The multipin plug looks like it can be taken out of its existing plug and be refit in the adapter plug.

Also, will the steering wheel phone button definitely work - I was told that it might be disconnected (or not programmed to work).  If it is operable should it show up on the iDrive display saying 'no telephone' if it is pressed?

Any advice?

Peter

Re: BMW radio with fibre optics

Both can be unplugged and re-inserted in new connector.
Multicom is not compatible - you need a multican.

http://www.justcarkits.co.uk
Certified Parrot Installer
Tel No 01753-673500  International 44 1753 673500
My e-mail address

Thanks justcarkits, checked again and it is the multican that I have.  So, the fibre optic cables just pull out and push in - I did try pulling them gently yesterday but perhaps I was being a bit cautious!

Thanks for your help - I'll give it a go this afternoon.

Peter

Got the wiring all connected and the ck3100 worked but no steering wheel controls.   Couldn't see how I was going to get the spaghetti meal of wires and connectors to fit in when I refitted the radio. I can't believe the number of wires and the lack of space in what is a biggish car.  I'll be booking it on to get professional to install it - a shame since I have got all the wiring sorted and I'm beaten by the physical install!

Now you know what fun we have every day as a Parrot Certified Installer
It will fit if correctly arranged.

http://www.justcarkits.co.uk
Certified Parrot Installer
Tel No 01753-673500  International 44 1753 673500
My e-mail address